SET Saxmundham School is a uniformed school. All of our students, without exception, wear the same uniform. We believe this fosters a strong sense of unity and identity.
We would ask that parents/carers to support us by ensuring their child attends school each day in the correct attire with the necessary equipment to learn.
- A white shirt or blouse with either short or long sleeves (not ¾ length);
- Clip-on school tie (blouses must therefore have a top button to allow a tie to be worn at all times);
- Black blazer with the school’s logo on breast pocket;
- Charcoal grey / black trousers (non-flared, non-clingy and non-cropped);
- Charcoal grey pleated skirt with burgundy overcheck;
- Black socks (please note knee-high socks are not part of our uniform). Students may wear 70 or 80 denier plain black tights. No other style, colour or thicknesses of tights are acceptable;
- Shoes should be flat and black leather. High heels, boots, sandals, canvas style plimsolls and trainers, including black trainers, are not permitted;
- Coats should be plain black or navy (no denim, leather or sportswear).
- School hoodie with logo;
- White sports polo (for indoor sport) with logo;
- Rugby shirt (for outdoor sport) with school logo;
- Athletic black skort or shorts;
- Black hockey/football socks/White ankle socks;
- Trainers with non-marking soles;
- Studded Football boots;
- Shin pads;
- Unbranded black tracksuit bottoms with a single thin white stripe (optional).
- Students can wear discreet make-up to school however nail varnish is not permitted;
- Acrylic nails are not permitted;
- Extreme hairstyles are not allowed, parents/carers will be asked to have the hairstyle changed to an acceptable style and the student will work in isolation until this is done;
- Hair styles should be of a natural colour;
- Just one plain stud per ear is permitted, if other items of jewellery are worn they will be confiscated and placed in the school safe. Parents/carers will then have two months to collect the items in person before they are donated to a local charity;
- Body piercings are not allowed. If students come to school with pierced body jewellery, they will be asked to remove it. Until this is done, the student will work in isolation;
- Outdoor coats should not be worn during lessons or in school buildings;
- Please note aerosol deodorants / antiperspirants are not allowed in our school or changing rooms for health and safety reasons.
At SET Saxmundham School we will expect uniforms to be worn smartly and with pride!
Our current uniform supplier is Coes and items can be purchased by visiting their shop in Ipswich, or by visiting their website.